Sunday, November 9, 2014

6 Completed Blocks: Eggs, Moths, Owls etc

Well, the last 2 months have been so busy, I have several post that I've been meaning to make, but just haven't had any spare time. Now that I've got a minute, I can't decide where to start, so I'm going to keep it simple for now and share the 6 blocks that I've completed since my last post - all in the new palette I talked about last time.

I'm especially proud of this first block.

'String of Pearls' - 61 pieces, edges finishing at 3.75",
designed specifically for this egg print with the Reverse Window Shopping technique 
I've been calling it 'String of Pearls' and I think of Marge Simpson every time.

The block design was inspired by this egg print - I used the Reverse Window Shopping technique to single out individual eggs.

Martha Negley Westwood Egg Linen
Ended up being 61 pieces. Yikes! It took forever, but I enjoyed the process!

'String of Pearls' with Eggs, detail
And then after that I needed a break so I went with something nice and simple.



This next one makes me think of the windows at my friend Jim's historic farm house in New Hampshire.

Jim's Windows - setting the table
So I'm nicknaming it 'Jim's Windows'.

'Jim's Windows' in lavender and grey
(I'm currently working on designing a block in honour of his diningroom table - more on that soon.)

This next one I made as part of my 2nd round of the Hexatopia class at the City Quilter (more on THAT soon! so behind on my posts!)


And then this one I made with the Reverse Window Shopping Technique, isolating these Tim Holtz moths.

Moths - designed with the Reverse Window Shopping technique
Last, but not least is one that my sister Tahli nicknamed for me,
it's called 'Ancient Alien Technology'

'Ancient Alien Technology'
It's one that I'm really looking forward to trying with different prints.

That's all for now, but hopefully in the near future I'll be posting with follow-up about Karen Nyberg's Astronomical Quilt, as well as news of my current out-of-town adventures in Chicago and Los Angeles, and a loonnnng overdue post about my 2nd round teaching Hexatopia at the CQ.

Thanks for reading!
All the best,
Reyna

1 comment:

  1. Your fussy cutting blows my mind - such precision and attention to detail. Hurry up and tell everyone about Karen Nyberg's quilt, it's so fabulous - and don't forget to mention her Pinterest board!!! So sorry I forgot to come along to CQ on the Sunday night - did Tahli tell you I forgot all about it until the following Wednesday and I was so disappointed when I realised? Missing you already and want to know all about Chicago and LA as it happens - Chris x

    ReplyDelete