Thursday, June 19, 2014

New Block: Space-Time Continuum

Finished this one!
I call it "Space-Time Continuum".
It's got one "spoke" for the spatial dimensions, one for the temporal, and one for the other 11 mysterious ones (the magical).
Plus there's a frog.

"Space-Time Continuum"
I'm really happy with how this came out! :)
The colors are strange, but I like it. Will be interesting to see how it jives with the other blocks from this series since they're all away from home on the wall at The City Quilter.

Since time is symmetrical, here's a few pictures of the process... going BACKWARDS!

Pieces for the Space-Time-Frog Continuum are all chopped up!
Colors are selected. Dubious, as always!
"Space-Time Continuum" paper pieces all sliced up!
I will definitely use this shape again!
I'm especially happy with the very slight twist of the center hexagon. I think it's a great example of how a tiny little tweak can add movement, and give it a more original/organic feel.

I can't wait to try it in pastels for my other hexagon project! And when I do, those diamond "spokes" might have to glow in the dark fairy frost. :)

Thanks for reading!

Best regards,
Reyna

1 comment:

  1. Loved taking your Hexatopia class at City Quilter, Reyna. Now I am totally into these hexies...Sigh. Just what I needed: another stitching obsession. :-)

    ReplyDelete